What inspire(s) me? Lots...
1. Nature: flora and fauna. Especially animals. I always wonder how God managed to come up with so many forms, shapes, sizes and colours. Always marvel at the colours of the flora world too.
2. The light at different times of the day and in different weather conditions. At sunrise, the sky gives off a redish glow. Seems to say "Hey, it's a brand new day!" After the rain, leaves that have started to turn a yellowish-green from thirst suddenly looks fresh and vibrant.
3. Findings, all sorts. Nuts and bolts, jump rings, coloured beads, rings on soft drink cans... the list goes on. Love to collect (or shall I say 'hoard') them. Never fail to tell myself "I will need to use these some time."
4. Books. How can I ever live without books? Strangely, I have books that I read many times over and over again, simply because I love the stories! (Yes, I own many books on my favourite subjects.) There is this terrible habit I have... arrive early at the airport, check in and browse in the airport bookstore. Very often, I get too engrossed and forget I had to board my flight. On some occasions, I hear a familiar name over the PA system, requesting the passenger to board her flight immediately. (I'm sure you know this person.)
5. Tin cans. I don't know the reason but I just love to collect tin cans, in particular those with pretty prints, paintings and colours. My friends and colleagues often hear me ask them to eat up all the chocolate and cookies, and leave me the tin cans. (No, I don't fancy chocolate and cookies very much. Will attempt a piece when offered.) I guess the fact that people can come up with so many ideas to decorate and package things always catch my attention.
OK, I fancy pretty things. Who doesn't?