We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

~ Walt Disney


26 November 2010

Chocolates

... so how many of you folks got 'fooled' by the title of this post? I am talking about the chocolate box to be exact. I saw a chocolate box contest posted on Ambitatterous here over a week ago and thought "Oh, how interesting?" I mean who can resist chocolates, or boxes?

The first thing that came to mind was obviously "Chocolates" and so I tatted the letters from The Complete Book of Tatting by Rebecca Jones'. Then came the flowers as they went with the alphabets.

Chocolate box (front)
And I got carried away. I tatted a honey pot and a chestnut (my own pattern) next. Then I saw Martha Ess' pumpkin teapot which I tatted a couple of days before. The pattern is here. All these took up positions on the back of the box.

Chocolate box (back)

Now I know you must be eyeing those truffles... Yes, they are actually pincushions I made for my teddy bear toolbox. Can they pass off as truffles?

Truffles
Finally, here's a glimpse of the box I picked up.

Just the box
I had loads of fun doing this. Thanks, IsDihara, for this contest idea.

8 comments:

  1. I agree Vinnie! Looks REALLY yummy!!!! And so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the truffles look a tad bit like mushrooms. the kind i'll expect to see in fairytales where the damsel in distress walks by and sits there on the mushroom... haha^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorated chocolate box is marvelous! You did a great job!.

    Time for a contest update and reminder, so expect to see a link back to this post in the coming days.

    So glad you had fun with this contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely box. I love your rendition of a chocolate box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute box of chocolates! Love the truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val! YUM! Oh wow, all the embellishments are fantastic -- the teapot, the chestnut, the letters. And the truffles are scrumptious! And bonus, they're ORANGE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Do leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you.