We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

~ Walt Disney


19 December 2008

Some projects... for a start






Making teddy bears is fun, especially anticipating the final look. My teacher, Alicia, was really patient with me. I'm really rather hopeless at sewing but all's well that ends well... So I now have Xiaoxiong (Small Bear -- the golden one), the purple bear (my sister has adopted it), Walter (the 'guy' with the huge smile) and Baby (the smallest and now adopted by a friend from Taiwan). I'm almost done with a fifth... It needs a bit more work but that'll probably happen after Christmas. I'll be away for a little getaway and will be home for Christmas.

Happy holidays, everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Your bears are really cute! I'd love to learn how to make these, too, someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, tatting chic. i'm learning bear-making in stages. and at every workshop i make at least 1 bear. i want to design my own bears one day. it's really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little bears! I have patterns for crocheted bears, but I've yet to try one. I believe that no one can have too many bears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bears are very cute! I love the gold one with the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after shuttles, the teddy bears are my precious! thanks for admiring my teddy bears, diane and tattridy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Do leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you.