We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

~ Walt Disney


27 December 2010

My First ATCs

Just arrived from Ina Smirnova of Bears and Roses. I fell in love with this ATC because of the snowflake on it (as you might have guessed!). It was a special request to which Ina kindly agreed. Along with it are some goodies... Thanks so much, Ina!

"Silver Frost"; #4 of 7.


But this is not all. On 9 Dec, I gatecrashed one ATC gathering-sharing session that Ellen (aka Singtatter) attends. It was my first time at this gathering and one of the organisers shared on pointillism, a technique developed by Georges Seurat in 1886. Pointillism is a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of colour are applied in patterns to form an image.

I tried my hands on the spot. And, here it is... This ATC is somewhat simplistic, but I will like to learn more techniques to make more ATCs.

My first ATC: Discovering Dots


These are some of the ATCs made by the other participants at the session.
ATC ~ Artist Trading Card

2 comments:

  1. Val, your going to love doing ATC's, they are really addictive! I adore your tatting, you could even incorporate that into your atc's!
    Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Valerie, I am glad you like my ATC ))) And you can see in my blog now, how I used your tatting heart! Just a sneak peek now, but very soon you could see more )))
    http://ina-smirnova.blogspot.com/2011/01/be-my-valentine-2011.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Do leave a comment as I'd love to hear from you.